To promote the role of plumbing in improving public health and safeguarding the environment, by uniting the World Plumbing Industry,for the benefit of all
Develop and promote the image and professional standards of plumbing to the world.
There is a general lack of understanding of the importance of plumbing in protecting public health.
- A rolling programme of WPC press releases issued to members & others for publication. Development of website case studies / videos promoting the professionalism of the plumbing industry.
- Seek professional advice on how to best market WPC in different countries.
- Develop WPC promotional material.
- Continue to publish the WPC Review and encourage members to reproduce it within their own publications.
- Make contact with relevant media before WPC meetings and prepare and issue media release thereafter.
- Develop the use of other languages for the WPC website and publications.
- WPC should identify opportunities for promoting its objectives at meetings of member and other relevant organizations.
- Development of speaking points that effectively communicate a consistent message about the WPC’s mission, objectives and activities.
- Invite all WPC member organizations to submit relevant articles, press releases and information for placement on the WPC website and in the WPC Review.
To encourage, participate in and facilitate the exchange of information, research and technology applicable to the world plumbing industry.
To promote understanding of advances in technology and practices to improve plumbing, emerging challenges and to share best practice worldwide.
- Speakers and presenters to be engaged for annual WPC meetings
- Interact with local plumbing industry organisations at WPC Meetings.
- Host or facilitate periodic technical symposiums and disseminate the outcomes of these events.
- Identify and develop links with research and development organizations involved with water, sanitation and environmental systems.
Promote plumbing education and training worldwide.
Create an educated and trained workforce which can promote the links between plumbing, sanitation, public health, and the environment.
- Promote and maintain professionalism through the adoption of recognised codes and standards.
- Provide for the WPC Scholarship Programme. Utilise networks of plumbing training organizations to promote WPC and its education and training objectives.
- Continue to develop the relationship with WorldSkills.
- Provide an opportunity to present examples of education and training best practice at WPC meetings.
- Promote plumbing and its pathways as career opportunities.
- Promote the use of WPC/WHO training packages/modules.
Promote the plumbing industry’s role in improving public health through the provision and protection of safe water and sanitation.
Create a better quality of life for the World’s population by contributing to the reduction of death and illness caused by waterborne diseases.
- Identify appropriate audiences to which the health message should be communicated
- Maintain and enhance WPC’s NGO status and relationship with the WHO.
- Create working relationships with other organisations with a shared commitment to global public health.
- Promote the distribution of WPC’s publications concerning public health.
- Pursue the translation of WPC’s publications.
Promote the Plumbing Industry’s role in safeguarding the environment through proper management, care, reuse, and conservation of natural resources.
To contribute to a sustainable future and seek engagement in that agenda.
- Identify appropriate audiences to which the environmental message should be promoted.
- Disseminate the WPC’s Environmental Aspects of Plumbing.
- Provide an opportunity to present on water conservation and environmental issues at WPC meetings.
- Implement objectives contained within the World Green Building Council MoU.
- Create working relationships with other organisations with a shared commitment to the environment.
To meet at a World Plumbing Conference at least every three (3) years.
To further the Mission and Objectives of the World Plumbing Council.
- Review the Guidelines for hosting World Plumbing Conferences, including arrangements for co-ordination with the EB.
- Organise World Plumbing Conferences.
- Holding the General Meeting of the World Plumbing Council together with the Triennial World Plumbing Conference.
- Election of the Executive Board and the selection of future Triennial World Plumbing Conference hosts.
- Facilitate networking among delegates and guests.
To increase membership and ensure participation in the World Plumbing Council.
It is believed that greater global awareness of the importance of the Plumbing Industry will be achieved through active involvement in the WPC.
- Increase participation at WPC meetings, particularly by countries not currently represented
- Facilitate the interaction between WPC Members and non-members.
- Undertake a membership recruitment campaign to increase worldwide representation in WPC.
- Encourage WPC member organizations to host WPC Meetings.
- Seek sponsorship and support for economically disadvantage plumbing organizations wishing to participate as a member of WPC.
- Continually review membership structure and subscriptions.
- Develop and maintain a global database of plumbing industry organizations.
Enhance the status and influence of the World Plumbing Council.
Expand the awareness and relevance of the World Plumbing Council.
- Strengthen relationships with existing partners.
- Identify and create relationships with potential partners.
- Facilitate communication with policy and decision makers.
- Support and promote World Plumbing Day.
Ensure adequate resources to achieve the objectives of the World Plumbing Council.
Ensure that the World Plumbing Council remains sustainable and relevant.
- Identify additional sources of funding to support the work of the WPC.
- Develop and implement a sponsorship plan for WPC meetings.
- Establish and implement a 5-year business plan for the World Plumbing Council.