The Master Plumbers and Gasfitters Association of Western Australia is conducting its annual Awards for Excellence competition in 2022 after placing it on hold for two years due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The competition is significant for Western Australia’s plumbing industry for two reasons. The first is that it gives plumbing businesses an opportunity to highlight the quality of their skills and expertise in a variety of categories. This gives category winners the recognition they deserve and the publicity surrounding the competition lifts public awareness of the vital role of professional plumbers.
The second reason is that the Awards for Excellence is the only plumbing industry awards competition in Western Australia conducted by an industry body whose membership consists entirely of licensed plumbing contractors.
The nine award categories for members are:
- Business of the Year – Excellence in Maintenance Plumbing
- Business of the Year – Excellence in Housing Plumbing
- Business of the Year – Excellence in Commercial Plumbing
- Business of the Year – Excellence in Sustainable Plumbing Practices
- Plumbing Employer of the Year
- Customer Service Excellence
- Indigenous Employment and Innovation
- Excellence in Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Excellence in Work Health and Safety
There is also an Apprentice of the Year category, which is open to all fourth-year apprentices in Western Australia.
Entries close on 7 October 2022 and there will be a night of celebration for winners, sponsors and invited guests on 26 November.